We’re currently recruiting for Graduate Planners to work in our Oxford Office (City Centre) to assist with the day to day running of the planning and economic development consultancy team based in Oxford.
The role will involve detailed planning policy analysis inputting into both the economic and planning consultancy functions of our consultancy work. You will be tasked with undertaking planning appraisals and simple planning statements and will be encouraged to take a lead on the project management of householder and minor planning applications in addition to assisting with the economic consultancy services we offer. You will be client facing and will have the opportunity to deal with clients from initial enquiry, the instruction process, through to delivery of the project.
- Degree 2:1 (either achieved or predicted) in either Geography, Planning Studies, Economics or equivalent;
- 5x GSCEs A*-C including English, Maths and Science (or equivalent);
- Self-motivated with an inherent ability to work under varying time pressures and deadlines;
You will ideally be/have:
- A keen eye for detail and meticulous approach to research;
- Willingness to learn and a desire for betterment;
- Good interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills;
- General understanding of development economics and timeframes and the planning process;
- Knowledge of and proficiency with CoStar, BCIS, Microsoft Excel
(The above characteristics are desirable but not essential as full training will be provided)
To apply, please send a copy of your CV, along with a concise personal statement setting out why you’re applying for the role to email@example.com. Suitable applicants applying early, will be interviewed ahead of the application deadline of 10am 15 June 2021, with the potential for the role to be filled and this advert closed early. Please do not wait therefore to apply for this role. If you’d like to discuss this opportunity before applying, please call Dan Hay on 01865 921207 for a confidential discussion.